Monday, July 9, 2012

here we go again.


It almost feels like I just stopped writing the novels in this blog, but here I am, three years later, ready to document my travels in Chile once again. I think I am still a bit in disbelief that this is actually happening. All year it felt like I had so much time and so much to do before it was time to leave, but here I am two weeks before I depart and I think anxious is the word I am looking for. I am anxious to see what happens, but excited to give it my all.


I found out this afternoon that I will be living in the XV Arica-Parinacota region (http://www.aricaparinacota.travel/eng/01infogen_tips.htm). It is the most northern region and I am extremely excited because this is the region that I wanted to live in the most--mostly because it is supposed to have wonderful weather (mid 60s-80s all year!) and we all know I need me some warm weather :)


Possibly my new home town!
Receiving my placement also made this adventure seem more real and exciting, but overwhelming that it is coming up so soon. I have a lot to do to get ready, between packing, trying to learn something/anything about teaching English, practicing spanish, and spending time with my peeps (shout out to my mama) I feel like the days are slipping away quickly.  

So that's enough blabbing, time to do some of the many things I just mentioned. Thank you for taking time to read my blog and I hope that I have some good moments to share with you in the future.


ps. i promise to try to keep it shorter than last time, but...let's be real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment