Saturday, March 7, 2009

just to make jgerbs happy, im gonna try to make this the longest post yet. so fuck you.

so sunday i went on the tour of tours next to mine and it was the first absolutely beautiful day we had. all the places were so amazing (i put pics up on fb). my brother, his friend oscar, dad and mom went with me. it felt so normal and i pretty much understood everything that was going on. i felt like a total tourist taking all those pics when there were just like, ya im awesome and have seen this everyday of my life, no biggie. but they were really excited to show me stuff it seemed. i was surprised my bro and friend wanted to even come with us, but they were really nice and cool and talked to me the whole time, they even invited me out with them that night, but i was too tired to try and socialize with new people in spanish so i just went home with the parents. i didnt do anything that night, which was a nice change.

then monday was the most pointless day of my life. i had to be at school early to sit there for 3 hours while we had orientation for international students. the stupid lady just talked at us about the schedule we had for the next week, which was in the program we were all holding....so stupid. then i went home to eat, had more classes with my program...also very pointless things. they just sit us in a stifling hot room while we listen to someone tell about the history of chile, but u cant hear anything cause of the traffic around us. waste of my lifeeeeee

but then i went shopping at a ferria, like an art market. i got a banano, which is a fanny pack. its awesome. everyone here carries those instead cause its too dangerous to have like a backpack or purse. i also got a sweet change purse cause pretty much all the money i use is coins. it was so cool.i am def gonna be broke when i leave here, i saw soo many bags, scarfs, skirts, tie dye, and jewelry i loveddddd. im so not kidding when i say i was meant to live here. also, the amount of hippies in this place is amazing. ive never seen so many people with mullets and dreads. its amazing. seriously everywhere u look is a really really awesome looking person. um, so then i walked home that day and just chilled at home with the madre.

tues i had to wait outside in the cold from 830 to 1130 to get my student visa registered...i was very cranky. i went home to eat, then went to program class again. i like lunches cause i just eat with my mom and we get to talk alot. she is really cool and we really get along. she always knows how to finish my sentences and im so glad im to the point that we can actually have like a actual meaningful conversation. we've talked about relationships, moving, types of people, traveling, idk just everything, its really cool. i also went to a class about volunteering here, i want to go to a hospital and talk to the patients or maybe this home for girls who ran away b/c of bad living situations. it all sounds really cool. i think it was that night that i went to my "aunts" house. we had drinks with my uncle, cousin, there exchange student, my g-pa and some other guy. it was really cool. my cousin is so awesome, his name is pablo, he is 20, and so so nice. i met him earlier that day, he helped me get my phone connected cause i couldnt understand the automated voice haha. ive since hung out with him at my house, he seems so sweet and really talkative hah. also, i was glad to not be the only exchange person, even tho we were only allowed to speak in spanish it was still good. i was lost sometimes during the night, but did better than i expected. everyone was so nice to me and kept telling me how pretty and charismatic i was. that made me really happy, cause im always kinda afraid i just sound stupid when i talk and none of my personality comes through. its kinda weird tho that chileans really just tell u what they think, but so far its all been good so ill take it hah.

wed nothing really happened i dont think, just more all day orientation shit that was pointless. o i went on a tour of the school buildings, which are all over these two towns, so i guess that was kinda helpful. im really glad i finally know where all the buses will take me, where i can get them, what metro stops to take, and which collectivos i can get where. it is so helpful to finally know pretty much where everything is and have a hold on the public transportation. i also talked to my "advisor" here that day to try and figure out my classes.

thurs we went and signed up for our classes...i have such an easy schdule :) no classes on fridays. on mon psyc of love and sexuality at 10, then a spanish grammer class for extranjeros, tues just traditional dances of spain (well and maybe a social psyc class, it depends if i like it after the first day) and wed drawing (but at 815am ughhh) and grammer again, thurs just my programs spanish lit class. thats it...classes basically only meet once a week. its so easy. then i went to the beach after that :) it was so fun, my first time really just chilling on the beach. some guys next to us were playing the drums and i yet again was hit with the "what the fuck. where am i??" feeling. then i went to my first "real" class, its through my program so i dont think it really counts. after we all went out for a drink, only it was expensive so we just hung out and talked. it was really fun. im so happy i always have new people to meet and really get to know.

then fri i had to get my chilean id....weird. we waited at a dmv (bmv depending on what state u are from) like place for 3 hours. then went to a panaderia and got a donut. amazing. we ate in the plaza then walked home. on the way home we stopped at a pier one like store, only it was waaaay cooler and so so cheap. i was in love with all the kids stuff and some of the other stuff too. i want to move here just so i acn decorate an apartment with stuff from there. then fri night i had dinner with the mom, we talked about me meeting chileans and being young and stupid haha and sex....ya she is awesome. then i went out with my chilean friend marco (he was my tour guide) and 2 other americans and we went to his friends bday party, so i got to meet lots of chileans, and some french exchange students? we just went to a bar and talked, which was really hard for me, it was so loud and they spoke really fast, to be honest half the time i just zoned out and nodded. then we went upstairs and danced. marco tried to teach me to salsa...haha it was fun but really awkward. also the french dude awkwardly tried dancing with me, i kinda let him do his awkward moves and just slid away hah. gotta love the effort tho. it was really really fun. i also got 3 numbers...just cause all chileans want is sex with gringas according to my neighbor camilla, the awesome chilean girl. then marco and some other kid took us on the bus and walked us home. im glad they did cause it was like 430 and some sketchy people were out. i talked to marco alot on the bus on the way home, he was really cool and i think we can be really good friends.

so today i finally slept alotttttt. ive just been hanging in my room, its nice to be alone for a bit. tonight i am going to a party at this kid pauls house who is in my program and then either a discotec called goose or marco also invited me to go out with him and his friends to get food/drinks. soo who knows. i still dont believe this is my life. but i have to throw in there that chilean friends are the best. they are so cool and genuine. everyone should have some haha. ok time to go eattttt.

i hope this was the longest post ever. and whoever actually read it, congrats, im impressed.
peace and love from chileeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment